Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Raising Boys教養兒子

Lately I've been finding lots of pictures that Malakai takes with the camera when I'm not around.  Like this.... 

最近,我發現我的相機裡有許多趁我不注意時凱凱拍的相片…..




My first reaction is always to get mad.  He hasn't broken this camera yet, but since he's been born we've gone through 3 cameras because he would find them and then drop them while playing with them.  But yesterday as I was uploading pictures, I found these ones that he took of himself, and couldn't help but smile.  What a funny kid!  My favorite thing about these pictures is that he made a different face in each picture.

我的第一個反應通常是生氣。雖然這個相機還沒被他弄壞,但是從他出生到現在已經有三個相機,因為他拿出來玩掉在地上報銷了。
但是昨天,我拿出相機準備上載相片時,我發現了這些他自拍的相片,
實在是忍不住的笑翻了。真是一個搞笑的孩子!
我最愛的就是他在照每張時都做了不同的怪臉…






Then I remembered a quote I came across a long time ago:
 
這讓我我記起以前看到的一段話:

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass"; "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys";”- Harmon Killebrew
 
「小時候,我爸爸跟我及哥哥常在院子裡玩。
我媽媽會出來說”你們在摧毀我的草地”,
我爸爸則會回答說”我們不是在養育草地””我們是在養育兒子”
                                      - Harmon Killebrew
I always loved this quote because it reminds that even though sometimes we can't help but be mad, we need to take a step back and put things into perspective.  Our relationship with our children and our desire for them to be happy and healthy should be our utmost priority.  I know that doesn't mean we should just let them run around and break cameras, but I often have to remind myself that things are just things.  Also, kids are just kids. And sometimes, accidents happen.  
 
我真的很喜歡這句話,雖然我們常常不可控制的生氣,但是這句話會提醒我,我們要退一步,更全面的來看事情。對我們來說最重要的是我們跟孩子的關係和希望他們能快樂健康。
當然這不表示我們可以讓他們隨便跑來跑去,順便弄壞相機…

但是很多時候,我需要提醒自己:
”東西只是東西…”
“孩子只是孩子…”
有時候,意外難免發生。

No comments:

Post a Comment